Baby Steps: If you do the emotional work, you will experience growth.
When it comes, it is usually in small, quiet steps. These baby steps to healing are an important indicator that you are on the right track. Some of the changes that can take place are:
- Recognizing bad habits and unlearning them.
- Making self care and rest a priority in your life.
- Asking for help and support.
- Responding to conflict in a healthy way.
- Learning from your mistakes.
- Shying away from toxic people and experiences.
- Feeling more whole and at peace.
- Not having judgement about your feelings but understanding they are valid.
- Changing your choice of words and vernacular to a more compassionate one.
- Realizing that comfort is not necessarily a good thing – being uncomfortable allows us to grow.
- These subtle shifts are not actually quiet – they are screaming to you that you are doing the right things.